After conducting extensive research into the field of automated type design, I wrote myself a brief to produce a type specimen that would demonstrate the capabilities of the technology in its current state. 

I produced a publication that demonstrates the possibilities of the medium. During my development of these typefaces, I discovered that these possibilities were incredibly varied.
I trained my own dataset using the Google Fonts API. I scraped 500 images from the site and trained them on the Nvidia’s StyleGAN ‘Faces’ model for ease of use. The early stages of the training revealed some sinister, anthropomorphic letterforms. Whilst completely unexpected, I was drawn to the uncanny nature of these images, and they were featured in a spread of my publication.